Upgrade your regular average coffee and give it a healthy, tangy and comforting Christmas twist by following my recipe below. It is super easy to make and serves 4 people.
• 4 tbsp ground coffee
• 1 small cinnamon stick
• 2 pitted dates
• pinch of ground nutmeg
• 2 cloves
• strip of pared orange zest
1. Put the ground coffee, cinnamon stick and dates in a large cafetière.
2. Add the ground nutmeg, cloves and orange zest, then pour over 400ml freshly boiled water.
3. Stir gently with a wooden spoon to combine, then leave to steep for 4 mins.
4. Slowly push down the plunger and serve in espresso cups.