This warming Moroccan Chickpea Soup is ideal for quick lunches and great to batch cook and freeze for those busy days when you need a healthy and easy option.
INGREDIENTS (SERVES 2-3):
- 1 tbsp coconut or olive oil
- 1 medium onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 celery sticks
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 600ml hot water
- 1 ½ vegetable stock cubes
- 400g chopped tomatoes
- 400g tin chickpeas
- Black pepper
- ½ lemon
1. Dice the onion, finely chop the garlic and the celery.
2. Heat oil in a large saucepan. Fry the onion, garlic and celery on a low heat for 10 mins to soften.
3. Tip in the cumin and continue to cook for a further minute.
4. Make up the vegetable stock adding the cubes to the hot water.
5. Turn up the heat and add the stock, tomatoes and chickpeas. Add a few twists of black pepper and simmer for approximately 10 mins.
6. Juice the lemon and add to the pan, cooking for a further 2 mins before serving.