These Chocolate Fruit and Nut Balls are delicious and ideal as a sweet treat following your Christmas meal if you don’t want a heavy pudding. Or serve with tea/coffee later. They are high in protein, healthy fats and fibre and low in added sugar. Go on, you know you want to try them!
• 100g dark chocolate (e.g. Green & Blacks or any other good quality chocolate)
• 15g dried cranberries
• 40g pecan nuts
• 5 Nairns rough oatcakes
• 2tsp xylitol
• 40g flaked almonds
1. Melt the chocolate in a glass bowl set in shallow water over a low heat.
2. Blend all the ingredients except for the flaked almonds in a blender until roughly chopped.
3. Add the mixture with the flaked almonds to the melted chocolate and coat through.
4. Spoon into 10 – 12 cake cases or 20 petit four cases.
5. Chill in the fridge until set.