These Maca Chocolate Bliss Balls make an easy and delicious snack. Maca, a stress-busting superfood, is traditionally used for hormonal balance (I am talking about the whole endocrine system here) and to support your response to stress. Cacao polyphenols and antioxidants found in dark chocolate (also a great source of Magnesium) have also been shown to reduce stress. What’s not to like!
Ingredients (makes 10)
- 1 cup of pitted Medjool dates
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened nut butter (almond or peanut butter are delicious!)
- 2 tbsp of raw cacao powder
- 2 tbsp maca powder (available from most supermarkets as well as health food shops)
- 2 tbsp of coconut oil
1. Combine all the ingredients in a food processor.
2. Roll into ping-pong-sized balls and into into desiccated coconut, sesame seeds or linseeds if you wish before storing them in the fridge.
These will also freeze well if you prefer to prepare bigger batches. Enjoy!