This recipe is (healthier) chocolate biscuits because it is well-known that chocolate makes you happy! Did you know that chocolate contains the chemical phenylethylamine, which occurs naturally in your body and gives you the same boost you feel when you fall in love?
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 65g coconut oil
- 135g oats
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 90g dark chocolate chips
- Coarse sea salt
1. Blend the oats in a food processor until they resemble flour.
2. Combine the vanilla extract, egg and brown sugar in a bowl.
3. Melt the coconut oil and let it cool slightly before adding to the bowl.
4. Beat everything together until just combined.
5. Stir in the oat flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
6. Stir until just combined and then fold in the dark chocolate chips.
7. Chill the dough for at least one hour in the fridge.
8. Preheat the oven to 180˚C.
9. Break off a little of the dough and roll into a ball. Press a few more chocolate chips in the tops if desired.
10. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned around the edges.
11. Remove from the oven and rest on the baking sheet for another 2 minutes before removing to a wire cooling rack.