Blackberry Pancakes Recipe
Blackberry Pancakes are amazing. Do you know anybody that doesn’t love pancakes? Try my dairy and gluten-free Blackberry Pancakes recipe as a healthy breakfast option. Guaranteed to deliver on taste!
This recipe for Blackberry Pancakes Serves 3. You’ll need the following ingredients to make these.
• 120g oats
• 30g mixed seeds (pumpkin/ sesame/sunflower)
• 1 medium banana
• 1 tsp baking powder
• 3 eggs
• 300ml coconut/ almond milk
• 300g blackberries
• Coconut oil for frying
- Grind the oats and mixed seeds to create a coarse flour.
- Mash the banana in a large bowl.
- Add the oat/seed flour to the mashed banana along with the baking powder and mix together.
- Add the eggs and mix well.
- Measure out the milk into a jug. Take a small handful of the blackberries, wash and add to the milk.
- Using a hand-held blender, whizz to turn the milk purple. Add to the large bowl and incorporate well into the flour mixture.
- Heat just enough coconut oil to skim the bottom of a frying pan.
- Using a ladle, add the mixture to the pan. Cook on medium heat for approximately 60 secs (bubbles will appear) before turning and finishing off.
- To create a sauce, place the remaining blackberries into a small saucepan with 2 tbsps water. Cook the blackberries until they start to break down – some will remain whole.
- Divide the pancakes between 3 plates and drizzle the blackberry sauce over the top. If desired, add one tbsp almond butter to spread on your pancakes.
Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix lightly. Best prepared just before serving.
These pancakes keep well for 3 days in the fridge or can be frozen for an easy mid-week breakfast.
More of my Healthy Recipes.