Who doesn’t love pancakes? Try my dairy and gluten-free Blackberry Pancakes recipe as a healthy breakfast option. Guaranteed to deliver on taste!
• 120g oats
• 30g mixed seeds (pumpkin/ sesame/sunflower)
• 1 medium banana
• 1 tsp baking powder
• 3 eggs
• 300ml coconut/ almond milk
• 300g blackberries
• Coconut oil for frying
1. Grind the oats and mixed seeds to create a coarse flour.
2. Mash the banana in a large bowl.
3. Add the oat/seed flour to the mashed banana along with the baking powder and mix together.
4. Add the eggs and mix well.
5. Measure out the milk into a jug. Take a small handful of the blackberries, wash and add to the milk. Using a hand-held blender, whizz to turn the milk purple. Add to the large bowl and incorporate well into the flour mixture.
6. Heat just enough coconut oil to skim the bottom of a frying pan. Using a ladle, add the mixture to the pan. Cook on medium heat for approximately 60 secs (bubbles will appear) before turning and finishing off.
7. To create a sauce, place the remaining blackberries into a small saucepan with 2 tbsps water. Cook the blackberries until they start to break down – some will remain whole.
8. Divide the pancakes between 3 plates and drizzle the blackberry sauce over the top.
9. If desired, add one tbsp almond butter to spread on your pancakes. These keep well for 3 days in the fridge or can be frozen for an easy mid-week breakfast.
Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix lightly. Best prepared just before serving.